February 2016 Newsletter
- Ashley Pettit's take on the BLF Cambridge Conference 2015
- BLFI's visit to the Sherbourne Hotel
- 'Tiling Technique' A conservative or honest repair to a 15th century tower house in Wexford
- Russborough Lime Burn
- Hot mix solution to Killhara Castle
- The Lime Jamboree
- Hot Mix Lime Mortars Workshop at Drimnagh Castle 2015
- Walking Tour of Limerick City
- Mud Mortar in Malawi
- BLFI Bursaries
- Traditional Re-builds and Post Disaster Rebuilding
- Comment from the Chair
- My Bursary Experience by Eoin Madigan
- Bursary Recipient Dr Jason Bolton
- Californian Dreaming: an Irish Round Tower build in Northern California by Pat McAfee
- HLM Project by Yvonne Doyle
- Lime Slam 2015
- HLM Project by Technical Standards Team
- Farnaught Lime Kiln Repair Co Leitrim by Dr Jason Bolton
- 'The Northern Wig' by Peter Robinson
- Repair of Crimean Monument in Co. Wexford by Yvonne Doyle
and other items of interest...
September 2013 Newsletter
Containing such articles as:
- Rinn Duin Medieval Settlement by Blackwood & Associates
- The restoration of Russborough Lime Kiln -Lisa Edden, Consulting Structural Engineer.
- Kilkenny Walking Tour Summer 2013
- The Deanery, St Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin – Ceiling Strengthening works. - Lisa Edden, Consulting Structural Engineer.
- Restoration of chimney at Augnagaddy House Ramelton, using reclaimed Bangor Blue Slates to match existing – By Sean Brogan of Tir Conall Restoration
- ‘WEAK’ MORTARS -By Anna Meehan.
- Investigation and stabilising of Gateway Arch, St Canice’s Steps, St Canice’s Place, Kilkenny for Kilkenny Borough Council. - By Ivor McElveen
- James Powell & Ivor McElveen in correspondence on making a hybrid hot lime mortar in a drum mixer.
November 2014 Newsletter
Including such articles as:
July 2012 Newsletter
Download a copy of our July newsletter, which includes articles such as:
- Sean Brogan's restoration of a baptismal Font
- A review of the 'Lime Walk' in Cork in June
- Pozzolans and Fish and Chips by Ivor McElveen
- Hot Mixes
- Stroan Fountain, Kilkenny - Conservation Maintenance Repairs
- An Article on Lime Plastering by Kevin Holbrook
- A review of BLFI's' Lime Slam' in February
...and much more!
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»